Saturday, December 11, 2010

Forget Money Management

If you wish to survive in trading game you must scalp the market only when is safe to scalp! It is all about draw-down's!

Here is not a question about WHEN is safe for scalping but mathematics about draw-down's?

You must be mathematician to understand what are you betting against!
I am betting against money managment and i don't have large draw-down's as money

Example:

Let's say that we gonna use same leverage in both cases! (1PIP = 1USD)


Scalping
If I take 3pip's of profit for 5 times in a row then I have 15 pip's of profit!
But if I lose 20 pip's at sixth try then I will have -5pip's altogether!
Draw-Down in this case is -5pip's.

Money Management
If I lose 3 time in a row for 20 pip's I will have -60 pip's draw-down!
And suppose that I take 60 pip's of profit (MM 1:3)on a forth time my balance is zero!
Draw-Down in this case is -60pip's.
Question is:

Which case has a larger Draw-Down?
----------------------------------------
Scalping only 5 pip's of DD
MM 60 pip's of DD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who will first touch the zero sum balance????


What are the odds for taking 3pip's against 60 pip's?????

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One question for the end :
Which Money managment will have larger Draw-Down 1:2 or 1:3 ???
(Little help: what is harder to take: 3pip's,30pip's or 100pip's???)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope that I have explain this so everybody can understand!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion:
Money managment mustn't use large leverage as scalping system because of large DD!!!
So MM can not benefit from large leverage as scalping system wit

1 comments:

Rahul said...

Forex Service in Noida

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger